Monday, January 14, 2008

Morning Devotion

Some time in 1995 I read this poem in my friend's 'Streams in the Desert' devotional. As I came to know the Lord in that year and I was graduating from college in a few months, I scribbled this and other such poems and hymns into whatever pieces of paper I could find- to serve as sustenance in Delhi and the great unknown future into which I was headed.

Yesterday I was rummaging through a box and came across this poem. I remember well the first time I read it- in early 1996, probably January or February, during my devotions. It seemed to sum up the day's devotions and carry with it my thoughts of how it is for us to know that God abides with us. Here it is in my now favourite font. The poem is 'Still, Still With Thee' by Harriet Beecher Stowe :


No comments: